1. Eat every 2-3 hours. This means you need to 6-10 meals or snacks per day. You don't need to eat a full meal every 2-3 hours but as you eat these meals consider the next 9 tips.
2. Eat protein every time you eat. Are you eating something that was an animal or comes from an animal - every time you feed yourself? If not, make the change.
3. Eat vegetables every time you eat. You can toss in a piece of fruit here and there as well. But don't skip the veggies.
4. Reward yourself with carbs. If want to eat a carbs that's not a fruit or a vegetable (this includes things like simple sugars, rice, pasta, potatoes, bread, etc), you can - but you'll need to save it until after you've exercised.
5. Put healthy fats in your diet.
6. Eat whole foods as opposed to processed foods or supplements. This is always tough. Do it whenever possible.
7. Drink calorie free beverages. What's wrong with water?
8. Plan your meals out. We all have busy schedules and are always looking for convenience , even if it is a bad choice. So plan ahead!
9. Schedule in cheat meals. (2-4/week)